[ClusterLabs] Hypothetical question: transitions slow in one direction

john tillman johnt at panix.com
Fri Feb 11 13:01:33 EST 2022

Hypothetically, if I have a two node cluster on identical VMs without
fencing and I see transitions take longer in one direction than the other.
 What are some possible reasons?

For example, "pcs node standby nodeX" or "pcs cluster stop nodeX" results
in a very fast transition to nodeY.  However, given the same commands but
going from nodeY to nodeX takes much, much longer.

And note that powering off either VM does *not* exhibit this behavior and
transitions times in both direction are the same, fast.

Best regards,
-John