[ClusterLabs] what is the "best" way to completely shutdown a two-node cluster ?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 12:42:35 EST 2022

If you gracefully shutdown a node - pacemaker will migrate all resources away  so you need to shut them down simultaneously and all resources should be stopped by the cluster.

Shutting down the nodes would be my choice.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 12:52, Lentes, Bernd<bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:

----- On Feb 9, 2022, at 11:26 AM, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com wrote:

> I'm not sure how "crm resource stop <id>" actually stop a resource. I thought
> it would set "target-role=Stopped", but I might be wrong.
>
> If "crm resource stop" actually use "target-role=Stopped", I believe the
> resources would not start automatically after setting
> "stop-all-resources=false".

ha-idg-2:~ # crm resource help stop
Stop resources

Stop one or more resources using the target-role attribute. If there
are multiple meta attributes sets, the attribute is set in all of
them. If the resource is a clone, all target-role attributes are
removed from the children resources.

For details on group management see
options manage-children.

Usage: