[ClusterLabs] Samba failover and Windows access

Dave Withheld davewithheld at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 02:03:11 EST 2022

In our production factory, we run a 2-node cluster on CentOS 8 with pacemaker, a virtual IP, and drbd for shared storage with samba (among other services) running as a resource on the active node.  Everything works great except when we fail over.  All resources are moved to the other node and start just fine, but Windows hosts that have connections to the samba shares all have to be rebooted before they can reconnect.  Clients that were not connected can connect.  We have samba configured for only SMB1 protocol and all Windows clients are configured to allow it.

Maybe this is a question for the samba folks, but thought I'd try here first since it's only a problem when the other node takes over the samba resource.  Anyone seen this problem and solved it?