[ClusterLabs] Cluster does not start resources

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 01:21:40 EDT 2022

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:14 PM Lentes, Bernd
<bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:

> ----- On 24 Aug, 2022, at 07:03, arvidjaar arvidjaar at gmail.com wrote:

> >> OMG. Thanks Reid !

You're welcome :)

> >> But unfortunately not all virtual domains are running:
> >>

> > what exactly is not clear in this output? All these resources are
> > explicitly disabled (target-role=stopped) and so will not be started.
> >
> That's clear. But a manual "crm resource start virtual_domain" should start them,
> but it doesn't.

I'm familiar with pcs and the pacemaker CLI tools but not crmsh, so
I'm not sure exactly what `crm resource start` does. However, running
a manual start command in pcs or crm_resource simply runs the resource
agent's start operation. **It does not inform Pacemaker.** I presume
crmsh behaves similarly.

As a result, your command might start the virtual machines, but
Pacemaker will still show that the resources are "Stopped (disabled)".
To fix that, you'll need to enable the resources.