[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Start resource only if another resource is stopped

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Aug 19 05:22:21 EDT 2022

Nachricht <b0658a28-d36c-bc30-cc61-7f7313f92e28 at gmail.com>:
> It is almost always wrong to have multiple independent pacemaker
> resources managing the same underlying physical resource.

It's not the cluster bible that says: "No man can have two masters" ;-)
But it applies to clusters quite nicely.

> It looks like you attempt to reimplement high available NFS server on
> client side. If you insist on this, I see as the only solution separate
> resource agent that monitors state of export/data resources and sets
> attribute accordingly. But effectively you will be duplicating pacemaker
> logic.

I never did it, but didn't allow NFS to provide multiple sources, thus specifying redundancy (maybe never in Linux)?
The only thing is: It was designed for read-only servers as data consistency is quite a challenge then.