[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Q: About a false negative of storage_mon

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 10:56:49 EDT 2022

On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 4:02 PM Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> Nachricht
> <CALrDAo074Vd77biwe9NP6J7k2V9DkNg1YfApjrUHMm0-6L8L_g at mail.gmail.com>:

> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/main/tools/storage_mon.c#
>
> > L47-L90

> >> I agree, it makes sense to use O_DIRECT when available. I don't think
> >> an option is necessary.
> >
> > Might as well be interesting to adjust block-size/alignment to the
> > device.
> > Another consideration could be to on top directly access the block-layer
> > using aio.
>
> Again AIO is POSIX; it depends on the implementation what it really does.

Wasn't speaking of the Linux POSIX AIO implementation in userspace
(guess that is still the case) but what is available as syscalls
(io_submit, io_setup, io_cancel, io_destroy, io_getevents) that is afaik
Linux proprietary and can't be wrapped into the Posix interface.