[ClusterLabs] Can a two node cluster start resources if only one node is booted?

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 05:14:22 EDT 2022

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 12:05 PM Tomas Jelinek <tojeline at redhat.com> wrote:

> As discussed in other branches of this thread, you need to figure out
> why pacemaker is not starting. Even if one node is not running, corosync
> and pacemaker are expected to be able to start on the other node.

Well, when trying to reproduce this behavior I configured SBD with a
non-existent device and enabled it. If enabled, pacemaker.service
Requires sbd.service. sbd.service failed to start and so
pacemaker.service was not started either. Just one example.

But as long as the only information we have is "nothing suspicious in
logs", we can guess until the doomsday. Output of "journalctl -b"
immediately after boot would give at least some starting points.