[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: SAP HANA monitor fails ‑ Error performing operation: No such device or address

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 09:40:18 EDT 2022

It's not like that.
Let's assume you have a resource Dummy1 with prefference to nodeA (score 10).If your stickiness is 20 - the resource will not fall back to nodeA (after a failure) when it returns as nodeA = 10, current node = 20 (due to stickiness.
If your stickiness is '1' , while nodeA has a score of 10 - once the node joins, Dummy1 will move again to nodeA as the score will be:nodeA = 10, current node = 1 due to stickiness.

Keep in mind that for groups, all resources' score sum up before evaluation.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 9:01, Ulrich Windl<Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:   >>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 08.04.2022 um 15:38 in
Nachricht
<7f3a5e59a3b66f520fa549c1151473efbf0fd980.camel at redhat.com>:

> I'm not familiar enough with SAP to speak to that side of things, but
> the behavior after clean‑up is normal. If you don't want resources to
> resource‑stickiness meta‑attribute to a positive number (either on the
> resource itself, or in resource defaults if you want it to apply to
> everything).

Unfortunately the value to set for stickiness is some what balck magic:
It seems it does not make a real difference whether you set it to 5, 10, 100,
or 1000; once grater than 0 it prevents resource migration, even when a
placement strategy suggests that the placement is non-optimal (e.g. after a
node restart).

Regards,
Ulrich