[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: VirtualDomain & "deeper" monitors - what/how?

Kyle O'Donnell kyleo at 0b10.mx
Mon Oct 25 15:34:28 EDT 2021

Finally got around to working on this.

I spoke with someone on the #cluterslabs IRC channel who mentioned that the monitor_scripts param does indeed run at some frequency (op monitor timeout=? interval=?), not just during the "start" and "migrate_from" actions.

The monitor_scripts param does not support scripts with command line args, just a space delimited list for running multiple scripts. This means that each VirtualDomain resource needs its own script to be able to define the ${DOMAIN_NAME}.  I found that a bit annoying so I created a symlink to a wrapper script using the ${DOMAIN_NAME} as the first part of the filename and a separator for awk:

ln -s /path/to/wrapper_script.sh /path/to/wrapper/myvmhostname_____wrapper_script.sh

and in my wrapper_script.sh:
#!/bin/bash
DOMAIN_NAME=$(basename "$0" |awk -F'____' '{print $1}')
/path/to/myscript.sh -H ${DOMAIN_NAME} -C guest-get-time -l 25 -w 1

(a bit hack-y but better than creating 1 script per vm resource and modifying it with the ${DOMAIN_NAME})

Then creating the cluster resource:
pcs resource create myvmhostname VirtualDomain config="/path/to/myvmhostname/myvmhostname.xml" hypervisor="qemu:///system" migration_transport="ssh" force_stop="false" monitor_scripts="/path/to/wrapper/myvmhostname_____wrapper_script.sh" meta allow-migrate="true" target-role="Stopped" op migrate_from timeout=90s interval=0s op migrate_to timeout=120s interval=0s op monitor timeout=40s interval=10s op start timeout=90s interval=0s op stop timeout=90s interval=0s