[ClusterLabs] iflabel removed??

Paul Warwicker paul.warwicker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 11:31:18 EDT 2021

Hello,

Has the ability to specify an interface alias been removed? I checked
the archives and the source at
https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/IPaddr2
and it appears to still be valid. Also here
http://www.linux-ha.org/doc/man-pages/re-ra-IPaddr2.html

If I specify iflabel, I get an error and if I remove it, the resource is
created. But we need the alias for our daemon to recognise the virtual IP.

[swadmin at haswmfs-lin-vm-000 ~]$ sudo pcs resource create haswmfs-ip
ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 ip=aa.bb.cc.dd cidr_netmask=24 nic=eth0 op monitor
interval=30s iflabel=haswmfs
Error: invalid resource operation option 'iflabel', allowed options are:
'OCF_CHECK_LEVEL', 'description', 'enabled', 'id', 'interval',
'interval-origin', 'name', 'on-fail', 'record-pending', 'role', 'start-delay
', 'timeout'
Error: Errors have occurred, therefore pcs is unable to continue
[swadmin at haswmfs-lin-vm-000 ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Stream release 8
[swadmin at haswmfs-lin-vm-000 ~]$ sudo dnf list pacemaker
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:37 ago on Thu 14 Oct 2021 03:18:41
PM UTC.
Installed Packages
pacemaker.x86_64 2.1.0-8.el8 @ha
[swadmin at haswmfs-lin-vm-000 ~]$