[ClusterLabs] I'm doing something stupid probably but...

kevin martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 16:32:59 EDT 2021

I'm trying to replace a 2 node cluster running on rhel6 with a 2 node
cluster on el8 using the version of pacemaker/corosync/pcsd that's in the
repos (pacemake 1.1.20, pcs 0-.9, corosync 2.4.3 on el6 and 2.0.5, 0.10,
and 3.1 on el8) and I must be doing something wrong.  when I shutdown the
main node of the cluster (like with a reboot after patching) I expect the
virtual ip to move to the 2nd node, however I'm not seeing that. i'm seeing
a message in the pacemaker log that says the virtual ip cannot run
anywhere.  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to configure to allow that to
happen (again, this is with a reboot of the main node so it's an ungraceful
failover). Any help is appreciated.

---

Regards,

Kevin Martin