[ClusterLabs] Constraint question

john tillman johnt at panix.com
Wed Oct 6 08:47:45 EDT 2021

> On Tue, 2021-10-05 at 18:05 -0400, john tillman wrote:
>> Is it possible for a resource *not* to stop if a colocation
>> constrained
>> resource stops on all nodes?
>>
>> My configuration per 'pcs constraint' output:
>>
>> Location Constraints:
>> Ordering Constraints:
>> Colocation Constraints:
>>   TheService with TheVIP
>>   TheVip with TheDB-clone
>> Ticket Constraints:
>>
>> On boot, TheDB starts on a node and the other resources follow it and
>> start there too.  All's well.
>>
>> (Understand that the scenario below is part of a testing step.)
>>
>> If I stop all the mysql database clones via "pcs resource disable" I
>> see
>> the VIP and service resources also stop.
>>
>> So is there a way to configure the cluster so the service and VIP
>> resources remain running on the last node they were on when all the
>> databases are stopped?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> John
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, make the colocation optional (i.e. use a finite integer score)
> --
> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com>

Ah, thank you Ken.  I'm glad it was something simple.  And I apologize for
not including my INFINITY scores in my initial email.

So I set the score on the VIP/DB constraint score to "100" and it is now
doing what I was looking for; when all the databases stop, the vip and
service keep running.

I'm curious but would would a score of "1" been as successful as "100" or
as successful as "1000"?

Best Regards,
John