[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Which verson of pacemaker/corosync provides crm_feature_set 3.0.10?

Vitaly Zolotusky vitaly at unitc.com
Wed Nov 24 07:58:54 EST 2021

Ulrich,
Yes, Fedora is far ahead of 22, but our product was in the field for quite a few years. Later versions are running on 28, but now we are moved on to CentOs.
Upgrade was always happening online with no service interruption.
The problem with upgrade to the new version of Corosync is that it does not talk to the old one.
Now that we need to replace Pacemaker, Corosync and Postgres we need to have one brief interruption for Pacemaker, Corosync and Postgres update, but before we update Pacemaker we have to sync new nodes with old ones to keep cluster running until all nodes are ready.
So what we do is - we install new nodes with old version of Pacemaker, Corosync and Postgres, have them running in mixed (old/new) configuration until all are ready for new Pacemaker, Corosync and Postgres and then we shutdown the cluster for couple of min and upgrade Pacemaker, Corosync and Postgres.
The only reason we shutdown the cluster now is because old Corosync does not talk to new Corosync.
_Vitaly