[ClusterLabs] resource start after network reconnected

john tillman johnt at panix.com
Fri Nov 19 14:57:11 EST 2021

> On Fri, 2021-11-19 at 10:40 -0500, john tillman wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> > If pacemaker tries to stop resources due to out of quorum
>> > condition, you
>> > could set suitable failure-timeout; this will be equivalent to
>> > using "pcs
>> > resource refresh". Keep in mind that pacemaker only checks for
>> > failure-timeout expiration every cluster-recheck-interval (15
>
> That's true only for Pacemaker versions less than 2.0.3; since 2.0.3,
> the cluster rechecks as soon as the timeout hits.

I'm using pacemaker 2.0.5 and it is *not* starting MySQL when quorum is
restored, at least not every time (~1 in 10).  So I have seen it work
before but I'm more willing to believe that there was a user error in that
one successful sample.

We (actual a team mate) got mysql to start when quorum is restored.  It
required both setting the cluster-recheck-interval to something more
frequent than 15min  and  setting the mysql resource's failure-timeout to
non-zero.  In our case we set both to 1 minute with good results for the
last few tests.  We can raise the frequency to something greater than 1
but for our tests, 1 proves it out.