[ClusterLabs] kronosnet v1.23 released
Fabio M. Di Nitto
fabbione at fabbione.net
Mon Nov 15 07:51:13 EST 2021
We are pleased to announce the general availability of kronosnet v1.23.
This version contains MAJOR bug fixes and everybody is strongly
encouraged to upgrade as soon as possible.
The defrag buffer fixes introduced in v1.22, revealed a long standing
bug in corosync, 2 serious bugs in knet that have been lurking around
for approx 11 years, and one bug in libqb (spotted during testing of the
fixes in this release). Please make sure to upgrade all of them as soon
as possible. Corosync and libqb releases are happening (or have already
happened) as this announcement is being sent out.
All our development team would like to thank the Proxmox VE maintainer,
Fabian Gruenbichler, for the extremely detailed bug reports, reproducers
and collecting all the data from the affected Proxmox VE users, and his
dedication over the past month to debug, test and work with us.
kronosnet (or knet for short) is the new underlying network protocol for
Linux HA components (corosync), that features the ability to use
multiple links between nodes, active/active and active/passive link
failover policies, automatic link recovery, FIPS compliant encryption
(nss and/or openssl), automatic PMTUd and in general better performance
compared to the old network protocol.
Highlights in this release:
* [URGENT] Fix packet sequence number initialization race
* [URGENT] Fix UDP link down detection when other nodes restart too fast
* [minor] Fix nss buffer boundaries
* [minor] improved error logs to make it easier to debug improper setups
* [minor] improved logging to not drop log messages on socket overload
* Fix build with musl/glibc on archlinux
* Enhance security build using annocheck / annobin
* Minor bug fixes and enhancements in the test suite
Known issues in this release:
* The long standing SCTP problem with dynamic links (spotted while
preparing v1.21) has not been addressed yet. The problem does NOT
affect the corosync / High Availability use case.
The source tarballs can be downloaded here:
Upstream resources and contacts:
https://trello.com/kronosnet (TODO list and activities tracking)
https://goo.gl/9ZvkLS (google shared drive with presentations and diagrams)
IRC: #kronosnet on Libera
The knet developer team
More information about the Users