[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Colocation per site ?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 01:09:27 EDT 2021

Disregard the previous one... it needs 'pcs constraint colocation add' to work.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 8:08, Strahil Nikolov<hunter86_bg at yahoo.com> wrote:   I guess that feature was added in a later version (still on RHEL 8.2).
pcs constraint colocation bkp2 with Master rsc_SAPHana_<SID>_HDB<inst. number> score=INFINITY node-attribute=hana_<sid>_site (or using any other attribute) brings 'pcs constraint help' output.
It seems that it doesn't like the syntax.
Maybe someone can share the 'pcs cluster edit' xml section, so I can try to push it directly into the cib ?

  On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 19:45, Andrei Borzenkov<arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:   On 30.03.2021 17:42, Ken Gaillot wrote:

>> Colocation does not work, this will force everything on the same node
>> where master is active and that is not what we want.
>
> Nope, you can colocate by node attribute instead of node.
>
> Colocating by node attribute says "put this resource on a node that has
> the same value of this node attribute as the node running this other
> resource". So if site is the node attribute, colocating A with B by
> site means that A has to run on a node that has the same value for site
> as wherever B is.
>
> Simple colocation by node is actually implemented internally as
> colocation by node attribute where the attribute is the node name.

Oh! Thank you!

Indeed, this is exactly what OP needs. No custom scripting is needed.

Thank you for your patience.