[ClusterLabs] Community adoption of PAF vs pgsql

Isaac Pittman isaac.pittman at hitachivantara.com
Fri Mar 26 10:51:28 EDT 2021

Hi All,

My team has the opportunity to update our PostgreSQL resource agent to either PAF (https://github.com/ClusterLabs/PAF) or pgsql (https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/pgsql), and I've been charged with comparing them.

After searching various mailing lists and reviewing the code and documentation, it seems like either could suit our needs and both are actively maintained.

One factor that I couldn't get a sense of is community support and adoption:

  *   Does PAF or pgsql enjoy wider community support or adoption, especially for new projects? (I would expect many older projects to be on pgsql due to its longer history.)
  *   Does either seem to be on the road to deprecation?

Any insight is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Isaac

P.S. This is my first time posting to the mailing list. Please let me know if I've missed any protocols, and apologies in advance.