[ClusterLabs] Order set troubles

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 13:56:42 EDT 2021

On Wed, 2021-03-24 at 09:27 +0000, Strahil Nikolov wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a trouble creating an order set .
> The end goal is to create a 2 node cluster where nodeA will mount
> nfsA , while nodeB will mount nfsB.On top of that a depended cloned
> resource should start on the node only if nfsA or nfsB has started
> locally.
>
> A prototype code would be something like:
> pcs constraint order start (nfsA or nfsB) then start resource-clone
>
> I tried to create a set like this, but it works only on nodeB:
> pcs constraint order set nfsA nfsB resource-clone
>
> Any idea how to implement that order constraint ?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Strahil Nikolov

Basically you want two sets, one with nfsA and nfsB with no ordering
between them, and a second set with just resource-clone, ordered after
the first set.

I believe the pcs syntax is:

pcs constraint order set nfsA nfsB sequential=false require-all=false
set resource-clone

sequential=false says nfsA and nfsB have no ordering between them, and
require-all=false says that resource-clone only needs one of them.

(I don't remember for sure the order of the sets in the command, i.e.
whether it's the primary set first or the dependent set first, but I
think that's right.)