[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Any Pacemaker users need negative utilization values?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Mar 22 03:53:42 EDT 2021

Hi!

I don't use that feature, but couldn't some primitive _add_ to some node's
capacity by running it on that node? Then the number would be negative.
The situation where a nodes capacity could be negative could depend on some
future placement strategy also.

Despite of that, I'd like to see a name change in some future version:
Both, node and resource use "utilization" for two different concepts. I'd like
to see "utilization" for nodes become "provides", while "utilization on
resources will become "requires".

The other thing is: utilization is (AFAIR) an integer; wouldn't it be more
flexible if it were a real/rational/floating-point number? For example: YOu
want to express the node's capacity in GB, but some resource needs less than 1
GB (yes, even today such software exists ;-)) At the moment you'll have to
"scale up" like to MBs or multiplkes of such...

Regards,
Ulrich

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 19.03.2021 um 22:14 in
Nachricht