[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: [ClusterLabs Developers] fence-agents v4.8.0

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Mar 19 03:10:50 EDT 2021

>>> "Fabio M. Di Nitto" <fabbione at fabbione.net> schrieb am 18.03.2021 um 10:57
in
Nachricht <c02782ca-5dff-64ea-8fe1-80f2c9ec6c5b at fabbione.net>:

> On 17/03/2021 14.41, Oyvind Albrigtsen wrote:
>> ClusterLabs is happy to announce fence-agents v4.8.0.
>>
>> The fence-virt repository has been merged into fence-agents, so be
>> sure to give fence_virt, fence_xvm and fence_virtd some additional
>> testing to ensure it doesnt have any issues we havent caught in our
>> initial testing.
>>

> All,
>
> I am about to do some major spring cleaning in fence_virt:
>
> - delete plugins that no longer work or build or used:
>    * null-plugin (disabled by default, does nothing)
>    * libvirt-qmf-plugin (disabled by default, does not build, needs
>      porting to qpid-proton)
>    * pacemaker fence (disabled by default, does not build, needs
>      porting to newer versions of pacemaker)

What about using a two-stage process?:

Move plugins that don't work or compile into a sub-directory "broken" to give
people a chance to fix them; if they aren't fixed you can remove them in the
next release, Or maybe even add another stage named "to-be-deleted" (so the
"still broken" would be move to the to-be-deteted on the next release. And on
the second to next release they would be really gone.