[ClusterLabs] The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 15:11:14 EDT 2021

Thank you so much.
I forgot to ask a question. In below command, what should be the ip="IP" value? Is it the IP address of my Apache or node2?

$ sudo pcs resource create floating_ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 ip="IP" cidr_netmask=24 op monitor interval=5s

Logs are:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/86YHRX6rdC/
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/HHVzNvhRM2/
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/kNxynhfyc2/

I have not any "status.conf" file:

# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/status.conf
cat: /etc/httpd/conf.d/status.conf: No such file or directory

On Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 07:20:32 PM GMT+3:30, Klaus Wenninger <kwenning at redhat.com> wrote:

On 3/16/21 3:18 PM, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Tue, 2021-03-16 at 09:42 +0000, Jason Long wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I want to launch a Clustering for my Apache Web Server. I have three
>> servers:
>>
>> 1- Main server that acts as a Reverse Proxy
>> 2- The secondary server that when my main server stopped, work as a
>> Reverse Proxy
>> 3- Apache Web Server
>>
>> The client ---> Reverse Proxy Server ---> Apache Web Server
>>
>> The IP addresses are:
>> Main Server (node1)                    : 192.168.1.3
>> Secondary Server (node2)          : 192.168.1.10
>> Apache Web Server (node3)        : 192.168.1.4
>>
>> On the main and secondary servers, I installed and configured Apache
>> as a Reverse Proxy Server. I created a Virtual Host and my Reverse
>> Configuration is:
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>      ProxyPreserveHost On
>>      ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.4/
>>      ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.4/
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> As you see, it forward all requests to the Apache Web Server.
>>
>> I installed and configured Corosync and Pacemaker as below:
>>
>> On the main and secondary servers, I opened "/etc/hosts" files and
>> added my servers IP addresses and host names:
>>
>> 192.168.1.3    node1
>> 192.168.1.10  node2
>>
>> Then installed Pacemaker, Corosync, and Pcs packages on both servers
>> and started its service:
>>
>> $ sudo yum install corosync pacemaker pcs
>> $ sudo systemctl enable pcsd
>> $ sudo systemctl start pcsd
>> $ sudo systemctl status pcsd
>>
>> Then Configured the firewall on both servers as below:
>>
>> $ sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --add-service=http
>> $ sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --add-service=high-
>> availability
>> $ sudo firewall-cmd --reload
>>
>> After it, on both servers, I created a password for the "hacluster"
>> user, then on the main server:
>>
>> $ sudo pcs host auth node1 node2 -u hacluster -p password
>> node1: Authorized
>> node2: Authorized
>>
>> Then:
>> $ sudo pcs cluster setup mycluster node1 node2 --start --enable
>> $ sudo pcs cluster enable --all
>> node1: Cluster Enabled
>> node2: Cluster Enabled
>>
>> After it:
>> $ sudo pcs cluster start --all
>> node1: Starting Cluster...
>> node2: Starting Cluster...
>>
>> I checked my clusters with below command and they are up and running:
>> $ sudo pcs status
>> Node List:
>>    * Online: [ node1 node2 ]
>>
>> And finally, I tried to add a resource:
>> $ sudo pcs resource create floating_ip ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2
>> ip=192.168.1.4 cidr_netmask=24 op monitor interval=5s
Shouldn't the virtual-IP moved between node1 & node2 be
different from the IP used for the web-server on node3?
And having just one instance of the reverse-proxy that
should probably be colocated with the virtual-IP - right?

Klaus