[ClusterLabs] maximum token value (knet)

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 10:01:48 EST 2021

Strahil,

> Interesting...
> Yet, this doesn't explain why token of 30000 causes the nodes to never assemble a cluster (waiting for half an hour, using wait_for_all=1) , while setting it to 29000 works like a charm.

Definitively.

Could you please provide a bit more info about your setup
(config/logs/how many nodes cluster has/...)? Because I've just briefly
tested two nodes setup with 30 sec token timeout and it was working
perfectly fine.

> Thankfully we got RH subsciption, so RH devs will provide more detailed output on the issue.

As Jehan correctly noted if it would really get to RH devs it would
probably get to me ;) But before that GSS will take care of checking
configs/hw/logs/... and they are really good in finding problems with
setup/hw/...

> I was hoping that I missed in the documentation about the maximum token size...

Nope.

No matter what, if you can send config/logs/... we may try to find out
what is root of the problem here on ML or you can really try GSS, but as
Jehan told, it would be nice if you can post result so other people (me
included) knows what was the main problem.

Thanks and regards,
   Honza