[ClusterLabs] maximum token value (knet)

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Thu Mar 11 12:12:51 EST 2021

Strahil,
> Hello all,
> I'm building a test cluster on RHEL8.2 and I have noticed that the cluster fails to assemble ( nodes stay inquorate as if the network is not working) if I set the token at 30000 or more (30s+).

Knet waits for enough pong replies for other nodes before it marks them
as alive and starts sending/receiving packets from them. By default it
needs to receive 2 pongs and ping is sent 4 times in token timeout so it
means 15 sec until node is considered up for 30 sec token timeout.

> What is the maximum token value with knet ?On SLES12 (I think it was  corosync 1) , I used to set the token/consensus with far greater values on some of our clusters.

I'm really not aware about any arbitrary limits.

> Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

Regards,
   Honza