[ClusterLabs] Q: constrain or delay "probes"?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Mar 5 05:39:54 EST 2021

Hi!

I'm unsure what actually causes a problem I see (a resource was "detected running" when it actually was not), but I'm sure some probe started on cluster node start cannot provide a useful result until some other resource has been started. AFAIK there is no way to make a probe obey odering or colocation constraints, so the only work-around seems to be a delay. However I'm unsure whether probes can actually be delayed.

Ideas?

Despite of that I wonder whether some probe/monitor returncode like OCF_NOT_READY would make sense if the operation detects that it cannot return a current status (so both "running" and "stopped" would be as inadequate as "starting" and "stopping" would be (despite of the fact that the latter two do not exist)).

Regards,
Ulrich