[ClusterLabs] Updating quorum configuration without restarting cluster

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 19 01:39:32 EDT 2021

You can reload corosync via 'pcs' and I think that both are supported.The main question is if you did reload corosync on all nodes in the cluster ?

Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 1:22, Gerry R Sommerville<gerry at ca.ibm.com> wrote:    Dear community,
I would like to ask few questions regarding Corosync/Pacemaker quorum configuration.

When updating the Corosync's quorum configuration I added last_man_standing, and auto_tie_breaker in corosync.conf on all hosts and refreshed with 'corosync-cfgtool -R'.
Note that that man page included with the rpm says that the -R option with "Tell all instances of corosync in this cluster to reload corosync.conf."

Next I run 'corosync-quorumtool -s', but it did not show the new quorum flags for auto tiebreaker and last man standing.

Once I restarted the corosync cluster, the auto tiebreaker flags and last man standing flags appeared in the corosync-quorumtool output as I expected.

So my questions are:
1. Does corosync-quorumtool actually shows the active quorum configuration? If not how can I query the active quorum config?

2. Is it possible to update the quorum configuration without restarting the cluster?

Thank you,Gerry SommervilleE-mail: gerry at ca.ibm.com