[ClusterLabs] Correctly stop pacemaker on 2-node cluster with SBD and failed devices?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 16:40:50 EDT 2021

Maybe you can try:
while true ; do echo '0' > /proc/sys/kernel/nmi_watchdog ; sleep 1 ; done
and in another shell stop pacemaker and sbd.
I guess the only way to easily reproduce is with sbd over iscsi.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 21:30, Andrei Borzenkov<arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:   On 15.06.2021 20:48, Strahil Nikolov wrote:
> I'm using 'pcs cluster stop' (or it's crm alternative),yet I'm not sure if it will help in this case.

No it won't. It will still stop pacemaker.

> Most probably the safest way is to wait for the storage to be recovered, as without the pacemaker<->SBD communication , sbd will stop and the watchdog will be triggered.

What makes you think I am not aware of it?

can you suggest the steps to avoid it?