[ClusterLabs] Correctly stop pacemaker on 2-node cluster with SBD and failed devices?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 11:43:04 EDT 2021

How did you stop pacemaker ?Usually I use 'pcs cluster stop' or it's crm alternative.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 18:21, Andrei Borzenkov<arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:   We had the following situation

2-node cluster with single device (just single external storage
available). Storage failed. So SBD lost access to the device. Cluster
was still up, both nodes were running.

We thought that access to storage was restored, but one step was
missing so devices appeared empty.

At this point I tried to restart the pacemaker. But as soon as I
stopped pacemaker SBD rebooted nodes - which is logical, as quorum was
now lost.

How to cleanly stop pacemaker in this case and keep nodes up?