[ClusterLabs] [EXT] Re: Two node cluster without fencing and no split brain?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Jul 21 08:55:45 EDT 2021

Hi!

Maybe someone feels motivated to write some article comparing the concepts
* split brain
* quorum
* fencing

There are eight possible states that I tried to illustrate on the attached sketch (S="Split Brain", "Q=Quorum, F=Fencing).

;-)

Regards,
Ulrich

On 21.07.2021 07:28, Strahil Nikolov via Users wrote:
> Hi,
> consider using a 3rd system as a Q disk.

What was not clear in "Quorum is a different concept and doesn't remove
the need for fencing"?