[ClusterLabs] QDevice vs 3rd host for majority node quorum

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Thu Jul 15 04:09:30 EDT 2021

Hi all,

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 19:55:30 +0000 (UTC)
Strahil Nikolov <hunter86_bg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In some cases the third location has a single IP and it makes sense to use it
> as QDevice. If it has multiple network connections to that location - use a
> full blown node .

By the way, what's the point of multiple rings in corosync when we can setup
bonding or teaming on OS layer?

I remember some times ago bonding was recommended over corosync rings, because
the totem protocol on multiple rings wasn't as flexible than bonding/teaming
and multiple rings was only useful to corosync/pacemaker where bonding was
useful for all other services on the server.

...But that was before the knet era. Did it changed?