[ClusterLabs] pcs update resource command not working

Tomas Jelinek tojeline at redhat.com
Tue Jul 13 06:58:32 EDT 2021

Dne 09. 07. 21 v 7:29 S Sathish S napsal(a):
> Hi Team,
>
> we have find the cause of this problem as per below changelog pcs
> resource update command doesn’t support empty meta_attributes anymore.
>
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pcs/blob/0.9.169/CHANGELOG.md
>
> pcs resource update does not create an empty meta_attributes element any
> more (rhbz#1568353)

This bz is not related to your issue.

> [root at node01 testadmin]# pcs resource update SNMP_node01 user=''
> extra_options="-E /opt/occ/CXP/tools/PCSXXX.sh"
>
> Later modified to below command it work for us.
>
> [root at node01 testadmin]# pcs resource update SNMP_node01 user='root'
> extra_options="-E /opt/occ/CXP/tools/PCSXXX.sh"

The commands work as expected, user='root' sets the value of 'user' to
'root', user='' deletes 'user'.

Specifying an empty value for an option is a syntax for removing the
option. Yes, this means there is no way to set an option to an empty
string value using pcs.

> But our problem we have disabled root user account by default , so we
> are not sure which user can be given here and if that given user account
> got disabled/password expire what will be impact of this cluster
> monitoring SNMP service and so on.
>
> While doing pcs resource create SNMP with empty string for user
> attribute it work for us, One more difference we noticed.

'pcs resource create' allows setting empty string values. It is a known
bug which we track and will fix eventually.

Regards,
Tomas