[ClusterLabs] @ maillist Admins - DMARC (yahoo)

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 13:36:10 EDT 2021

Actually, I don't mind but it will be nice if I don't get kicked from time to time due to too many bounces. :)
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

    On Sat, 2021-07-10 at 12:34 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> Hi Admins(of this mailing list)
>
> Could you please fix in DMARC(s) so those of us who are on
> Yahoo would be able to receive own emails/thread.
>
> many thanks, L.

I suppose we should do something, since this is likely to be more of an
issue as time goes on. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as flipping a
switch. These are the two reasonable choices:

(1) Change the "From" on list messages so that they appear to be from
the list, rather than the poster. For example, your posts would show up
as "From: lejeczek via ClusterLabs Users <users at clusterlabs.org>"
rather than "From: lejeczek <peljasz at yahoo.co.uk>". This is less
intrusive but makes it more difficult to reply directly to the sender,
add the sender to an address book, etc.

(2) Stop adding [ClusterLabs] to subject lines, setting ReplyTo: to the
list instead of original author, and adding the list signature. This is
more standards-compliant, since the List-* headers can still be used
for filtering, unsubscribing, and replying to the list, but not all
mail clients make those easy to use.

Anyone have preferences for one over the other?

(Less reasonable options include wrapping every post in MIME, and
disallowing users from DMARC domains to post to the list.)