[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: [EXT] Cluster breaks after pcs unstandby node

Steffen Vinther Sørensen svinther at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 04:00:12 EST 2021

Hi,

I have persistent journal, but 'journalctl -b -1' was empty in this
case, so it might not be optimally configured. And centralized logging
is on the todo list

btw. about the fencing, I have set ' HandlePowerKey=ignore' in
/etc/systemd/logind.conf
(for this hardware, I can find no bios settings on how to react to
power key being pressed, so can not be set to instant-off)

Now when a node is fenced it goes down more quickly, and its only
journal output is:
Jan 18 09:33:19 kvm03-node03 systemd-logind[4354]: Power key pressed.
Jan 18 09:33:24 kvm03-node03 systemd-logind[4354]: Power key pressed.

So it seems it needs to be pressed twice with 5 sec delay, and by
looking at the hardware console, the system does not reboot before
about 09.33.27 ( 8 secs totally)

When the node is back online, 'journalctl -b -1' only reports the first
Jan 18 09:33:19 kvm03-node03 systemd-logind[4354]: Power key pressed.

The second line was never written to persistent journal