[ClusterLabs] DRBD 2-node M/S doesn't want to promote new master, Centos 8

Brent Jensen jeneral9 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 13:37:49 EST 2021

I have already verified DRBD works. As always, I use the OCF to manage
DRBD; never started initially. I added auto-promote to see if that made
a difference (it didn't). So I'm still at a loss as to why it won't
promote. It behaves as if DRBD gets unleaded on the master node before
it demoting to allows the secondary to promote.

For example (I'm doing this manually w/o the cluster running).

On master node (as primary), I stop DRBD (normally you'd demote it first)

On secondary node (as secondary):

drbdadm primary all

crm-fence-peer.9.sh[564707]: (ipc_post_disconnect) #011info:
Disconnected from controller IPC API
crm-fence-peer.9.sh[564707]: (pcmk_free_ipc_api) #011debug: Releasing
controller IPC API
crm-fence-peer.9.sh[564707]: (crm_xml_cleanup) #011info: Cleaning up
memory from libxml2
crm-fence-peer.9.sh[564707]: (crm_exit) #011info: Exiting crm_node |
with status 0
crm-fence-peer.9.sh[564707]: /
crm-fence-peer.9.sh[564707]: Could not connect to the CIB: No such
device or address
crm-fence-peer.9.sh[564707]: Init failed, could not perform requested
operations
crm-fence-peer.9.sh[564707]: WARNING DATA INTEGRITY at RISK: could not
place the fencing constraint!
kernel: drbd r0 nfs6: helper command: /sbin/drbdadm fence-peer exit code
1 (0x100)
kernel: drbd r0 nfs6: fence-peer helper broken, returned 1

All of this is EXPECTED BEHAVIOR. With DRBD unloaded PRIOR to demoting
on the primary node, the other node CANNOT promote to primary. This is
the same thing I'm experiencing when running in the cluster. It looks
like DRBD is being unloaded PRIOR to the master being demoted. WHY???
I'm pretty sure I'm using the basic configurations. It seems as though
there's a bug somewhere.

Note my versions:

  * pacemaker-2.0.4-6.el8_3.1.x86_64
  * drbd90-utils-9.13.1-1.el8.elrepo.x86_64

Thanks,

Brent