[ClusterLabs] Coming in Pacemaker 2.1.0: newer versions of build dependencies

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Feb 25 17:55:50 EST 2021

Update: I've decided to bump Pacemaker's minimum dependencies higher.

This allows us to have a readily available platform to use with our
continuous integration testing, to ensure we support what we claim to,
rather than finding out much later after the fact that we broke some
build.

I'm now targeting support for building with dependencies available on
distribution releases from around 5 years ago (for example, Debian 8
"jessie", RHEL 7.2, and Ubuntu 16 "xenial").

The new requirements are:

* Python 3.4 or later
* automake 1.13 or later
* pkg-config 0.27 or later
* glib 2.42.0 or later
* libqb 0.17.0 or later
* GnuTLS 2.12.0 or later (if building Pacemaker Remote support)
* rpm 4.11.0 or later (if building RPMs)

Separately, Pacemaker's support for Upstart-based resources will be
deprecated. Upstart has faded away and isn't available on platforms we
can easily test. While Pacemaker still supports it, as a practical
matter we'll accept pull requests from anyone using it who finds
problems, but we aren't going to spend development or testing time on
it ourselves. Support will likely be dropped in a few years.