[ClusterLabs] Feedback wanted: using the systemd message catalog

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Feb 16 14:47:50 EST 2021

Hi all,

The systemd journal has a feature called the message catalog, which
allows "journalctl -x" to show extended troubleshooting hints along
with log messages. Apparently a similar feature is familiar to many
Windows administrators.

So far, I've only found systemd itself that uses the feature. As an
example, if the usual log message is a one-liner about httpd dumping
core, with journalctl -x it would look like:

 -- fc2e22bc6ee647b6b90729ab34a250b1