[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Peer (slave) node deleting master's transient_attributes

Stuart Massey djangoschef at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 08:07:12 EST 2021

Ulrich,
Thank you for clarifying what single-node maintenance mode entails. It is
surprising to learn that, though resource actions do not happen, a node
would send a cib update that deletes the transient attributes that are
maintained by resource monitoring activities. I think "maintenance mode"
is a distraction at this point: You are implying that this problem is
unrelated to having one node in maintenance mode, and that matches our
experience.
I don't want to do anything with the cluster with one node in maintenance
mode. I just want the currently healthy node which has DC and retains DC
and is running services not to get into this odd state where it shuts down
services and does not restart them. I want to prevent that happening again,
as similar problems and unexplained fail-overs or service restarts seem to
happen occasionally, whether anything is in maintenance mode or not.
Regards,
Stuart