[ClusterLabs] Old pcs-0.9.167/0.9.168/0.9.169 package with newer corosync-3.1 and pacemaker-2.1 on RHEL 7.7

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Mon Feb 8 02:42:33 EST 2021

Hi,

adding the lead developer for pcs, and the pacemaker user devel mailing
list.

This mailing list is specific to kronosnet development.

On 05/02/2021 10.17, RUGINA Szabolcs-Gavril wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Thank you for your time and will to help.
>
> We are in the middle of a high pressure because some problems with RHEL
> HA Cluster/Corosync+Pacemaker/DRBD and we arrived at the point that we
> upgraded corosync 2.4.3 to 3.1 and pacemaker 1.1.20 to 2.1 but then our
> setup gives errors with the command
>
> “pcs property set no-quorum-policy=stop”.
>
> The error is:
>
> /No such file or directory', 'command': '/usr/libexec/pacemaker/pengine
> metadata’/
>
> Indeed //usr/libexec/pacemaker/pengine /does not exists, I assume it is
> OK, because in the new pacemaker 3.1 the internal structure was changed..
>
> In the midtime we found out that we could archive the same setting using
> crm_attribute --name no-quorum-policy –update stop.
>
> My questions are:
>
>   * Is there a reason that pcs has no build for RHEL 7?

I can only answer this question, newer version of pcs needs ruby and
python in versions that are not supported on RHEL7 and even if we can
build the package, it won´t run.

Fabio