[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Peer (slave) node deleting master's transient_attributes

Stuart Massey stuart.e.massey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 08:01:31 EST 2021

A reasonable question from a practical on-the-ground perspective. Several
considerations contributed:

   1. We need to induce the hardware errors to demonstrate the problem to
   the hardware vendor, who is acting at their own pace. Leaving the node in
   it's semi-active state seems to achieve this goal.
   2. We would like to retain as much as possible an up-to-date secondary
   of mission critical data. Leaving drbd up in secondary mode under HA
   control was the most direct way to do this.
   3. We have had occasional fail-overs over time (prior to current
   hardware issues) which we have had difficulty fully explaining. We chalked
   them up to transient communications errors with sequences and effects we
   didn't fully comprehend, but have remained uneasy about our particular HA
   configuration and about crm/pacemaker/drbd generally. This seems like a
   good opportunity to try and "catch" and/or fully understand this issue.

Regards