[ClusterLabs] pcs update resource command not working

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Dec 9 16:52:20 EST 2021

On Thu, 2021-12-09 at 09:45 +0000, S Sathish S wrote:
> Hi Ken/Team,
>
> ClusterMon for SNMP has been deprecated but still we are able to use
> CLusterMon resource with below stated PCS version.
>
> Kindly let us know when Clustermon functionality when will be removed
> from which PCS version , so we will Plan for migrating from
> CLustermon resource to Alert Agent function.

The ClusterMon agent itself is not deprecated, since it is still useful
for generating an HTML file with the cluster status. We don't have any
plans to remove it.

crm_mon's built-in support for SNMP was removed in Pacemaker 2.0.0, but
it's still possible to use crm_mon's -E argument to run a script that
creates an SNMP trap, which I'm guessing is what you're doing. That
capability won't go away, it's just less preferred for SNMP purposes.