[ClusterLabs] Qemu VM resources - cannot acquire state change lock

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 05:13:05 EDT 2021

Hi guys.

I sometimes - I think I know when in terms of any pattern -
get resources stuck on one node (two-node cluster) with
these in libvirtd's logs:
Cannot start job (query, none, none) for domain
c8kubermaster1; current job is (modify, none, none) owned by
(192261 qemuProcessReconnect, 0 <null>, 0 <null>
(flags=0x0)) for (1093s, 0s, 0s)
Cannot start job (query, none, none) for domain ubuntu-tor;
current job is (modify, none, none) owned by (192263
qemuProcessReconnect, 0 <null>, 0 <null> (flags=0x0)) for
(1093s, 0s, 0s)
Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock
(held by monitor=qemuProcessReconnect)
Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock
(held by monitor=qemuProcessReconnect)

when this happens, and if the resourec is meant to be the
other node, I have to to disable the resource first, then
the node on which resources are stuck will shutdown the VM
and then I have to re-enable that resource so it would, only
then, start on that other, the second node.

I think this problem occurs if I restart 'libvirtd' via systemd.

Any thoughts on this guys?
many thanks, L.