[ClusterLabs] Sub‑clusters / super‑clusters - working :)

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it
Thu Aug 5 12:03:20 EDT 2021

On Thursday 05 August 2021 at 15:44:18, Ulrich Windl wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Nice to hear. What could be "interesting" is how stable the WAN-type of
> corosync communication works.

Well, between cityA and cityB it should be pretty good, because these are two
data centres on opposite sides of England run by the same hosting provider
(with private dark fibre between them, not dependent on the Internet).

> If it's not that stable, the cluster could try to fence nodes rather
> frequently. OK, you disabled fencing; maybe it works without.

I'm going to find out :)

> Did you tune the parameters?

No:

a) I only just got it working today :)

b) I got it working on a bunch of VMs in my own personal hosting environment;
I haven't tried it in the real data centres yet.

At the moment I regard it as a Proof of Concept to show that the design works.

Antony.

--
Heisenberg, Gödel, and Chomsky walk in to a bar.
Heisenberg says, "Clearly this is a joke, but how can we work out if it's

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.