[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Re: Sub‑clusters / super‑clusters?

Strahil Nikolov hunter86_bg at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 14:57:49 EDT 2021

That's why you need a qdisk at a 3-rd location, so you will have 7 votes in total.When 3 nodes in cityA die, all resources will be started on the remaining 3 nodes.
Best Regards,Strahil Nikolov

  On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 17:23, Antony Stone<Antony.Stone at ha.open.source.it> wrote:   On Wednesday 04 August 2021 at 16:07:39, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 5:03 PM Antony Stone wrote:

> > > That is not what you originally said.
> > >
> > > You said you have 6 node cluster (3 + 3) and 2 nodes are not available.
> >
> > No, I don't think I said that?
>
> "With the new setup, if two machines in city A fail, then _both_
> clusters stop working"

Ah, apologies - that was a typo.  "With the new setup, if the machines in city
A fail, then _both_ clusters stop working".

So, basically what I'm saying is that with two separate clusters, if one
fails, the other keeps going (as one would expect).

Joining the two clusters together so that I can have a single floating resource
which can run anywhere (as well as the exact same location-specific resources
as before) results in one cluster failure taking the other cluster down too.

I need one fully-working 3-node cluster to keep going, no matter what the
other cluster does.

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett

                                                  Please reply to the list;
                                                        please *don't* CC me.