[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 2.1.0-rc1 now available

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 16:51:36 EDT 2021

Hi all,

Source code for the first release candidate for Pacemaker version 2.1.0
is now available at:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-2.1.0-rc1

Highlights include support for the OCF Resource Agent API 1.1 standard
(including supporting "Promoted" and "Unpromoted" role names to replace
"Master" and "Slave", which are now deprecated), support for
"noncritical" resources that don't cause resources they depend on to
move, and --output-as="xml" support in more command-line tools for
reliable machine parsing.

The CIB syntax and C API in this release are fully backward compatible,
but the middle-number bump is intended to draw attention to bigger
changes than usual. These include generating the documentation with the
Sphinx project instead of Publican, raising the minimum required
versions of dependencies, changing some build-time configure script
options, and deprecating a bunch of the C API that we don't think
anyone is using.

As usual, there were many bug fixes as well. For details, see the
ChangeLog in the source repository, and the following wiki page, which
distribution packagers, users who build Pacemaker from source, and
users who use the Pacemaker command-line tools in scripts, are
encouraged to go over carefully:

https://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Pacemaker_2.1_Changes

Everyone is encouraged to download, compile and test the new release.
We do many regression tests and simulations, but we can't cover all
possible use cases, so your feedback is important and appreciated.

Many thanks to all contributors of source code to this release,
including Aleksei Burlakov, Chris Lumens, Christine Caulfield, Gao,Yan,
Grace Chin, Hideo Yamauchi, Jan Pokorný, Kazunori INOUE, Ken Gaillot,
Klaus Wenninger, Martin Grigorov, Nathaniel Clark, Oyvind Albrigtsen,
and Reid Wahl.