[ClusterLabs] Preventing multiple resources from moving at the same time.

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 03:48:20 EDT 2021

On 4/20/21 11:43 PM, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Tue, 2021-04-20 at 13:43 -0700, Matthew Schumacher wrote:
>> I have a resource that more or less makes or breaks everything
>> (storage).
>>
>> When I move it, it only takes a few seconds and everything keeps
>> working
>> due to timeouts, however, if another resource tries to migrate/move
>> at
>> the same time it will break and causes an outage.
Just to better understand the issue ...
Does the first resource implement storage that is being used
by the resource that is being migrated/moved?
Or is it just the combination of 2 parallel moves that is
overcommitting storage or network?
Is it assured that there are no load-scenarios inside these
resources that create the same issues as if you migrate/move
them?

Klaus