[ClusterLabs] Question about ping nodes

Walker, Chris christopher.walker at hpe.com
Mon Apr 19 11:02:41 EDT 2021

I see the same behavior as Andrei.  On a two-node test cluster (symmetric-cluster=true, resource-stickiness=100) I configure a simple Dummy resource and add the rule

      <rsc_location id="dummy_loc" rsc="dummy">
        <rule score="-10000" id="dummy_loc-rule-0">
          <expression attribute="mgmt" operation="lt" value="1" type="number" id="dummy_loc-rule-0-expression"/>
        </rule>
      </rsc_location>

If I then change the value of ‘mgmt’ to zero for both nodes, the resource stops.  We have code much like Andrei outlined to work around this behavior.

Thanks,
Chris