[ClusterLabs] Custom RA for Multi-Tenant MySQL?

Eric Robinson eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Sun Apr 11 14:47:59 EDT 2021

That is what we have. The colocation constraints require mysql -> filesystem -> drbd master. The ordering constraints promote drbd, then start the filesystem, then start mysql.

> > What should the return  codes for those actions be? Fail? Not installed?
> Unknown error?
> >

> I believe that "not installed" is considered hard error and bans resource from
> this node. As missing filesystem is probably transient it does not look
> appropriate. There is no "fail" return code.
>
> In any case return code depends on action. For monitor you obviously are
> expected to return "not running" in this case. "stop" should probably return
> success (after all, instance is not running, right?) And "start"
> should return error indication, but it I am not sure what is better - generic
> error or not running.

That's a big part of my question. I'm just trying to avoid a condition where the mysql resource is running on node A, and Pacemaker thinks there is a "problem" with it on Node B.

-Eric

Disclaimer : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for intended recipients. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.