[ClusterLabs] Why my node1 couldn't back to the clustering chain?

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 15:24:02 EDT 2021

Thanks.
Thus, my cluster uses Node1 when Node2 is down?

On Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:32:14 PM GMT+4:30, Antony Stone <antony.stone at ha.open.source.it> wrote:

On Thursday 08 April 2021 at 16:55:47, Ken Gaillot wrote:

> On Thu, 2021-04-08 at 14:32 +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> > Why, when node1 is back, then web server still on node2? Why not
> > switched?
>
> By default, there are no preferences as to where a resource should run.
> The cluster is free to move or leave resources as needed.
>
> If you want a resource to prefer a particular node, you can use
> location constraints to express that. However there is rarely a need to
> do so; in most clusters, nodes are equally interchangeable.

I would add that it is generally preferable, in fact, to leave a resource
where it is unless there's a good reason to move it.

Imagine for example that you have three nodes and a resource is running on
node A.

Node A fails, the resource moves to node C, and node A then comes back again.

If the resource then got moved back to node A just because it had recovered,
you've now had two transitions of the resource (each of which means *some*
downtime, however small that may be), whereas if it remains running on node C
until such time as there's a good reason to move it away, you've only had one
transition to cope with.

Antony.

--
"The future is already here.  It's just not evenly distributed yet."

- William Gibson

                                                  Please reply to the list;
                                                        please *don't* CC me.