[ClusterLabs] Libreswan state machine

Reid Wahl nwahl at redhat.com
Thu Apr 8 03:39:50 EDT 2021

No worries, best of luck!

On Thursday, April 8, 2021, Ryszard Styczynski <rstyczynski at gmail.com>
wrote:
> That's right. I just realised it. Apologies for the spam.
>
> On 8 Apr 2021, at 09:36, Reid Wahl <nwahl at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi, Ryszard.
>
> I believe you may have mailed the wrong list by mistake, as your question
doesn't appear related to the ClusterLabs project. Perhaps someone here
might know though.

> On Thursday, April 8, 2021, Ryszard Styczynski <rstyczynski at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm looking for IPsec state machine implemented in Libreswan. I may
guess how states are correlated, but having a state machine will give me a
final answer.

>> My current question is what is a next state after STATE_QUICK_R2? Should
IPsec engine wait for rekeying? How long? How many times should repeat
waiting step? Should go back to STATE_MAIN and delete SA? When?

>> I currently see i my system that:
>> 1. STATE_QUICK_R2 may go to STATE_MAIN_R3, delete SA, and reestablish
connection from Phase 1 - it happens after 15 seconds
>> 2. STATE_QUICK_R2 may go to STATE_QUICK_R1 and process rekeying - it
happens when peer responds quicker than 15 seconds

>> How to understand why sometimes SA is deleted (what causes 5 minutes
line drop), and sometimes rekeying is completed? How to control time limits?