[ClusterLabs] staggered resource start/stop

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue Apr 6 04:44:34 EDT 2021

On 4/6/21 10:23 AM, d tbsky wrote:
> Klaus Wenninger <kwenning at redhat.com>
>> Guess that heavily depends on what you are running inside your VMs.
>> If the services inside don't need each other or anything provided by
>> the other cluster-resources (or other way round) or everything is
>> synchronizing independently from the cluster ...
>> What you could still do is make the timeout more generous and combine
>> it with checking for a certain boot-state - so that it either proceeds
>> after the generous timeout (when something is broken inside the VM)
>> or if a certain state is reached.
>>
>> Klaus
>>
> boot-state + timeout is perfect. if there is a simple configuration to
> make it automatically in the future..

Hard to automatize that I guess. boot-state isn't just the OS itself -
I guess - butincludes some state of the services running and thus will
heavily depend on your workload.
I'd suggest to go with what Reid suggested. Unfortunately - as I got it
- the
sequence of scripts just offers an 'and' logic for success and no 'or'
so you
might have to go with a single script for checking both. It should be easy
to find out for how long the VM is already running and - if that exceeds a
certain value - be satisfied - otherwise check the state of the services ...
Even with just checking the time it might be handy to get around the
extra configuration-complexity going with additional delay-resources.

Klaus