[ClusterLabs] Antw: [EXT] Corosync 3.1.1 is available at corosync.org!

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Apr 6 03:30:02 EDT 2021

>>> Jan Friesse <jfriesse at redhat.com> schrieb am 31.03.2021 um 15:16 in
Nachricht
<8f611847-e341-b51b-49c9-fd9ef29fbbf9 at redhat.com>:
> I am pleased to announce the latest maintenance release of Corosync
> 3.1.1 available immediately from GitHub release section at
> https://github.com/corosync/corosync/releases or our website at
> http://build.clusterlabs.org/corosync/releases/.
>
> This release contains important bug fixes and also a few new features:
>
>   - Added a new API to get extended node/link information which is now
> used by corosync-cfgtool (especially when the new -n parameter is used).
> See corosync-cfgtool(8) for more information.

This makes me wonder: "Good old ping" had always been able to display the
delay between request and response.
As the message delay (token round-trip time)is also critical in corosync, I
wonder why the current delay cannot be displayed by corosync-cfgtool for
example. My expectation is that the delay will go up significantly when load
increases, and maybe manual "re-tuning" could be done before the infamous
"retransmit timeout" kicks in.